Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Contemporary Art Quilts - Contemporary Art Quilt Web Ring is open to any artist's or gallery's web site that displays contemporary quilted fiber a

Forums     Login   Signup

Contemporary Art Quilts

Manager: deleted
Contemporary Art Quilt Web Ring is open to any artist's or gallery's web site that displays contemporary quilted fiber art. Wallhangings, wearable art, or freestanding fiber sculptures are all included. Each work of art conveys the inspiration of its creator, inspiring and educating the viewer. Artwork can be either for sale or not for sale.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Sunday in the Studio - Design Wall Monday - 09/23/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QNpVHpDz8fQ/Uj9lhGO6yiI/AAAAAAAAB-w/Ub7aj3QGsLM/s400/IMG_6059_(800x537).jpg

Crosses II 37" by 24" hand dyed cotton by the artist machine pieced, machine quilted So I managed to keep the promise I made to myself to be  more productive on Sunday.  Not only did I manage to get  4 - count them - 4 loads of laundry done (which means clean underwear for tomorrow - yay!) but I also spent hours and hours in the studio painting and quilting. Yep - you read that right - painting !  If you've been paying attention you know that I'm not this big lover of the surface design end of art quilting.  I mean - yeah - I resent  understand  that I need to dye my own fabric and occasionally add some kind of design on it for my work - but I'm not this big fan.  It all seems a bit messy - a bit expensive and well - okay - a bit scary (even after a 5 day class with Jane Dunnewold! ) So I don't often get out my paints.  That said, this week I got my order from C&T's publishing's warehouse sale.  Included was Mikey Lawler's  SkyQuilts book.  She makes it look so easy and reminded me that - Paint is my friend. So after reading her book - twice - I pulled out the supplies - searched out some nice Kona Cotton pieces and mixed up some sunset colors.  Why sunsets?  Well, all summer, I've been meaning to play with the some small quilt ideas centered around the Lake Erie  and its gorgeous beaches.  Now here was my chance! Really, it wasn't too hard either.  Basically, you just wet down th...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy