Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Contemporary Art Quilts - Contemporary Art Quilt Web Ring is open to any artist's or gallery's web site that displays contemporary quilted fiber a

Forums     Login   Signup

Contemporary Art Quilts

Manager: deleted
Contemporary Art Quilt Web Ring is open to any artist's or gallery's web site that displays contemporary quilted fiber art. Wallhangings, wearable art, or freestanding fiber sculptures are all included. Each work of art conveys the inspiration of its creator, inspiring and educating the viewer. Artwork can be either for sale or not for sale.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

WIP Wednesday - 08/28/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_XqLIesziZk/Uh1rhxsI91I/AAAAAAAAGg8/60lu_KkAGmo/s640/mosaic4fb2ae5079afe456df46c3c2aec648184fc5a0e7.jpg

Oh, now THIS is oh so familiar. Let the hand-stitching begin!

WIP Wednesday

Replied - 09/25/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9VNB1Vfk8DA/UkJufjUPJNI/AAAAAAAAG1A/vlrbhm69DxY/s640/quilted_tree.jpg

These days I'm enjoying the mix - whether it be in interior design, music, or my art - I'm liking combining, seeing things work together, following natural progressions and letting my instincts guide me without worrying about some of the questions and things that took up a lot of real estate in my brain this summer (i.e. capital A "art", am I developing, where am I going, how do I get through this block, etc.) And since I'm operating out of instinct, of course I'm making trees. Expect to see a lot of trees over the next little while. ;) Speaking of trees... This one started out with basic trunk made out of some of my hand-painted papers, and I added machine stitched branches in dark brown and black threads. And since I'm getting stitchy with it lately, I added some hand stitched grasses. It's already much better than the original "November", but it needs a couple of more little touches to make it sing.  ... and for those of you who like to see the back. :) Big finish on Friday! P.S. What the heck - linking up with WIP Wednesday .  Come check out what Canadian fiber artists are up to!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy