Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Contemporary Art Quilts - Contemporary Art Quilt Web Ring is open to any artist's or gallery's web site that displays contemporary quilted fiber a

Forums     Login   Signup

Contemporary Art Quilts

Manager: deleted
Contemporary Art Quilt Web Ring is open to any artist's or gallery's web site that displays contemporary quilted fiber art. Wallhangings, wearable art, or freestanding fiber sculptures are all included. Each work of art conveys the inspiration of its creator, inspiring and educating the viewer. Artwork can be either for sale or not for sale.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Stumped! Off the Wall Friday - 09/27/2013
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/90/Sunset_Marina.JPG

Y a know, I'm beginning to think that my studio and I have this whole Love/Hate relationship going.  I mean, some days ( like last Sunday )  I walk in with a head full of ideas and a steam engine full of  purpose and my studio gets right into the spirit of things and helps me create .  Then other days, it just stops me right in my tracks throwing up all sorts of obstacles that will derail me for the day. Today was one of those days.  I started out with this great idea all planned in my head.  I wanted to make a small quilt that depicted a pretty sunset on Lake Erie with a bit of beach   - fence - an Adirondack chair .  I wanted to show that its  the quiet moments that are remembered the most about summers.  Well that was the plan anyways. I mean how hard can it be?  Well I guess, really hard .  First, I wanted to research some images of  sunsets, beaches, fences and Adirondack chairs.  Do you know how many there online??  Like a Million!   Then  I had  to audition  I think a hundred fabrics for the sky, water and sand.   Once I found an acceptable trio then they needed to be in acceptable proportions.  Even now , I'm still not quite sure I like the combo or even know where to go next. So just like a tree cut off at the knees. . . . . I'm Stumped! I think this is another good reason to work in series.  Once you start a series, you don't have to make every single ...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy