Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Jewish Webring - The Jewish Webring is a collection of tasteful sites pertaining to Judaism and the Jewish people. The idea is to reflect

Forums     Market     Login   Signup

Jewish Webring

Manager: tamar_the_ringmistress
The Jewish Webring is a collection of tasteful sites pertaining to Judaism and the Jewish people. The idea is to reflect a positive view of ourselves and not stoop to the level of those that hate us.  Due to the sensitive nature of this ring, your site must be in a language that the ring manager can understand, which is either English or Hebrew.  Toda Raba!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Meteors and Memories - 08/13/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0g7vAccmR98/UgquPPvqdQI/AAAAAAAAAiM/ZBaeUtKYpcs/s1600/meteors.jpg

Last night I finally got to watch the Perseid meteor showers.  I say "finally" because the previous nights this year were cloudy, and last year it rained the whole time.  But last night was perfect.  A clear sky with no moon. About half an hour after midnight I turned off all the house lights to avoid light pollution in the yard, then took a sleeping bag and a pillow outside and lay down on the front lawn.  (My wife originally wanted to go, too, but was too tired when the time came, so she wished me well and went back to sleep.) I was soon joined by two of my cats, who came up from hunting rodents by the chicken coop to sit on me and purr. I did not have to wait long to see a meteor.  I counted 23 in an hour, several of them big bright streaks, but nonoe to compare with the fireball my wife ad i saw several years ago.  But even with the excitement f seeing a meteor, it was still a slow, quiet activity, with a lot of waiting between sightings.  You can't push nature, you just have to go with her pace of things.  As I lay there waiting, for the next one to streak across the sky, I was reminded of when we did this at summer camp many years ago. It was a pleasant time to reminisce. I also saw what was probably a satellite moving across the sky -- or was it maybe the space station?  I remember back in the late 50s and early 60s, when satellites were a new thing, there used to be schedules in the paper about when they would pass over. &...

Meteors and Memories

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy