Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

No More Pending Nav Bars? - 02/09/2005
I see several problems with showing full nav bars regardless of the site status. One being that many members never actually log in to Webring once they have joined a bunch of rings nor do they take any notice of Webring mail. I have found the only way they become aware of membership problems is when they view their own stack via their sites. Now that all bars show at all times they are not being alerted to suspended memberships. Plus now that the ring manager is being e-mailed when a site is suspended for more than 14 days any responsibility a member may have had for their own memberships has been forced onto the managers. If we can't contact them they are then being deleted.

Another problem as a manager I like to know when a member site is suspended from most of the rings it holds memberships in, now I can only tell by actually checking via each nav bar and I have more important webring things to do then click through 100's of bars on one site. Makes inviting pre-existing webring members to join a ring a bit of a drama too if it turns out that they are in fact suspended from all of the rings they are already on.

Please bring back the OLD home page :(

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy