Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Suspended but site doesn't show suspended - 02/21/2005
I suspended a few sites that pass the dring code but fail the critera for my ring. However their site doesn't show suspended but the code just show normally.

Replied - 02/21/2005
Several observations:

This would be an ideal post for the managers forum since this is a management issue, but it's OK here as well.

If the member site is using SSNB code then they cannot possibly be failing your criteria, at least for navigation code. If it's for some other reason they probably shouldn't have made it past pending.

If the member site is NOT using SSNB code then surely you understand that the code that displays will not change whether they are pending, active, suspended, etc.

Lastly, if you're going to post for a specific problem you MUST post the specific details or we cannot help you (assuming you want help rather than just a place to express comments).

Replied - 02/21/2005
Hi,
I would want help for this issue.

The sites that I suspend them, in the first place they pass when they join the ring with the proper contents. Or they join during Yahoo period when I am not the ring manager. I adopted this ring during the time Yahoo gave up on webring. Now their site contents got changed so I would want to suspend their site and hope that with their navbar showing suspend will get the webmaster to do something.

My ring is http://e.webring.com/hub?ring=dcfan
Suspend sites id: 138, 40, 215, 199, 9 and 200.

Replied - 02/21/2005
suspending them and sending them the suspension email should get them to do something. If not, they're not going to do much no matter what. But suspend them and toggle them off auto-management so they don't re-activate.

Replied - 02/25/2005
No, it's ideal for the tech support forum because it's an issue. The RingMaster forum is for RM discussion.
But I do concur that any post that requires assistance MUST come with details about the specific situation(s).

Replied - 02/26/2005
I found out why those suspended sites doesn't show suspend when I suspended them. They copy the the navbar and put onto their page instead of letting the code to show the bar. In this way when I change my navbar, the changes will not reflect on these pages.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy