Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I can't get the code to work on my 'Delphi' page - 10/22/2005
~The code does not show up after I copy and paste it onto my start page.
Here is the URL to my forum
http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourdogs/start

Replied - 10/22/2005
There appears to be no webring code in your HTML.
Maybe Delphi does not accept java script in which case you need to use the HTML version code, or possibly you did not click to save after copying and pasting.

Replied - 10/23/2005
Here is how to get the HTML version of the code:

1. At the top of any page, click on "My Rings"
2. At the left of the page, click on "Your Ring Memberships"
3. In the middle of the page, under "Your Ring Sites," find the name of the ring you need the HTML for.
4. Click on the "Site Title" next to the ring name.
5. On the left, click on "Get Navigation Code"
6. You will see the SSNB code, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.
7. Click on the word "here" in "Members who wish to use the HTML version of this nav bar should go here."
8. Under "Ring Navigation HTML Code," copy the code and paste that on your Delphi page. (It will be significantly longer than the SSNB version.)

Good luck, and welcome to WebRing! Mona http://c.webring.com/profile?y=monals

Replied - 10/23/2005
If THAT doesn't work, there is a sneaky way to do it. Find another page in that ring that is using the HTML version of the code. View the page source. Copy the HTML for the ring. Paste the HTML into your Delphi page, replace their member number with your member number. Save your Delphi page. Go to WebRing and use the code checker to make sure yours passes. If it passes, you're done! If it doesn't completely pass, you may have missed swapping out a member number. This can work when all else fails.

Replied - 10/23/2005
Congratulations on getting the code working, it looks good there! :)

Replied - 10/24/2005
Whew, thanks.
I appreciate your help.
:o)

I wouldn't have much of a site at all if not for that WYSIWYG editor, on Delphi. I love that. Even a bubble head can have a web page. Now thanks to your help and the assistance of the webring, we may have some more visitors.
:o)
~thanks, Lisa

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy