Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Ring Adoption Not working - 06/28/2006
Greetings,

I am also of the mindset that the Ring Adoption system is not working. I have been trying to adoped a ring since December yet the system still shows the ring is adoptable, and that when I try to re-apply of adoption, I recieve a message indicating that I have already applied... how long does it take to adopt a ring - its clear that something is wrong..

Regards
The Photonics Ring

Replied - 06/29/2006
Re: frs_75

You have a score of 2.5, its unlikely you will be elgitable to adopt any rings with a score that low. You can find your score here: http://www.webring.com/cgi-bin/score

~CE~

Replied - 06/30/2006
ID: p5y0n1c, score=6.5 (max 11 - 5.5 for sites, 5.5 for Rings)

Breakdown:
Site Membership contribution: 5.5; Ring Management contribution: 1

Active Sites: 128, Passing: 128, Failing:
p5y0n1c HAS Site(s) outside of own Ring(s) - good.
Overall navigation rating of all Rings managed: 100
Rings Managed: 1
- (bonus for "good" number of Rings managed: -- max of 1)

So why can't I adopt? BTW I manage 2 rings, but it only ever shows one, the same on the my rings bit, but I can access and edit both rings?????

Replied - 07/01/2006
Don't know if anybody from webrings reads this, but it seems strange that I have just been accepted as ringmaster for a ring (not complaining) and got a message about somebody else being given another ring I tried to adopt, so they must be sorting it out! 8o)

Replied - 07/04/2006
I got to adopt a ring six weeks after I applied for it!
I think I read, "some where," that a automated procedure is still used - but they got a human hand to approve it! Which accounts for the delay!

Replied - 07/18/2006
I am also encountering this problem. I am trying to adopt this ring after it sends out emails asking if members interested to adopt the ring. I clicked the button to adopt and I am supposed to wait about a week to know the result. After a long wait I think several months later the same mail arrives again asking to be adopted. I have been through the cycle about 3 to 4 times. Can admin do something? The ring is pokecenter. Id is killer. =)

Replied - 08/11/2006
I honestly think the adopt a ring option AND the scoring are a joke....I've applied numerous times, recently one that has never been adopted out and I'm wondering if it ever will. I checked my "score" (by the way how do they come up with this stuff) and they are telling me I have a very bad score for an unverified email address.........which when I go into my account my email IS verified and they aren't having trouble reaching me for anything else, all my codes are current as well. I think they need to over haul the "system" because something isn't right and their scoring system is ridiculous.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy