Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Template Distortion - 09/01/2006
Just joined Native American Webring, installed the code and it totally distorted the template. Tried it on other pages and it did the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you correct it?

Replied - 09/01/2006
Tech support is denying that this issue exists, because apparently I'm the only one that's actually emailed them about it; PLEASE send them an email detailing the issue, and reminding them that it's already been reported, so they'll take it seriously.

Replied - 09/01/2006
It is possible the HTML is mis-configured if the NavBar is using a custom design. Tags out of order, tags not closed, etc. That would cause some distortion in the page the NavBar is added to. If you know HTML, you can check that and see if there are any errors - and fix them. If it is a standard no frills WebRing bar, it could have errors in the code that is served up. If that is the case, you wouldn't be able to fix it, Webring would have to find and fix the problem on their end.

Replied - 09/02/2006
It's not in a part of the html you can change yourself (as ringmaster). It's a part outside of that, which is added by WebRing.

Replied - 09/10/2006
Thank you, I was beginning to think I was just being a pest. I have send them emails about this for some time, just sent another so we will see. The strange part was that on one site it has been fine until now, after I put the one on the new site, the trouble began. Let you know what happens.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy