Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Dropping rings and the new policy. - 09/30/2006
I understand that webring wants to find a way to support itself financialy but I think that it is wrong to force current members to drop the rings that they currently belong to in lieu of paying.

As an owner of several webrings, I am now wary of paying the fee for fear that the bulk of members will drop most of their ring memberships in order to keep the free accounts. If that happens, why would I want to continue to run the rings? Ring traffic will decrease.

The new policy should pertain to new members only, allowing the current members to keep over 5 free memberships.

Does anyone else see what I mean?

Replied - 09/30/2006
That is what I was wondering. Those who manage and belong to several rings should be allowed to keep their memberships. I signed up for the free account and was told I have more than 2 managed rings and 5 ring memberships. As it stands now, I will have to dump 4 managed rings and -- Oh joy -- 30 memberships by January 15. I was told I'd have to upgrade to level 2 premium, at $36 per year! Many of my ring members will have to cough up $$$ just to keep their sites in my rings. I have many young people in my rings, many webtv users in my rings, many seniors, shut-ins, people on limited income. Will THEY have to pay $36 a year? This is not fair, and right now, I have to make the choice of either moving my smaller rings to Bravenet or Ringsurf or just delete them altogether. I can't put them up for adoption as they may never get adopted if Webring goes through with these misguided changes. Oh for the glory days of Webring before Yahoo took over and messed it up, and before other people came in and messed it up more.

Replied - 09/30/2006
I must agree with you there. This new policy should be only for the new members who join after Jan 15, 2007, and grandfather the old members. The new members would stay at the free levels till they get enough experience in managing rings and if they have enough money to pay for the higher levels to get more rings. And no, I am not caving in and paying for the higher levels. I thought about it but my paycheck is already taken for the next two weeks.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy