Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

How about Cafepress.net Webring? - 09/30/2006
Why not go for a cafepress shop and get t-shirts, coffee mugs, buttons and other stuff? I seen that work for a huge website with over five thousand people visiting it. People buy stuff from there all the time and they make enough money to cover the hosting bill each month. I'm sure Webring would like to go that way too. Just a suggestion Webring. Do consider that. I might ask for a coffee mug from cafepress Webring to drink my hot chocolate in the mornings from my parents for Christmas.

Replied - 10/01/2006
That's a good idea. Google sells all kinds stuff with their logo, so why can't Webring? I'd buy a coffee mug or cap with the Webring logo in lieu of this forced payment plan just to keep my managed rings and memberships. BTW when one pays for a web service, e.g., site hosts, it's because one WANTS to do it. I pay for site hosting because I want my pages ad-free, and I enjoy the added amenities that come with paid hosting. This is a personal choice. What Webring is doing is forcing its members to pay up for "benefits" that are poor in comparison to the money paid for said service. Even with Level 2, we are still limited in how many rings we can manage and/or belong to. Maybe TPTB at Webring should look into merchandising to offset their expenses. They should not force its members to pay.

Replied - 10/01/2006
I agree. I paid for my site to be hosted so I would not have to worry about the pop up ads which could have viruses in them that would attack my visitors or myself when I view my page. I would gladly go buy a coffee mug from Cafepress Webring if they had one up. They should consider it or at least look into it. I know of a friend who has one for her website and it covers her monthly costs of running her website. But with how many visitors that comes here from the rings, Webring probably will cover their costs within the first week of opening the store. Please Webring consider it over this premium plan. It will make everyone end up happy and you would still get money but from a source that would give good products to your viewers and loyal ring owners and ring surfers.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy