Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I hope Webring has a 'Plan B' - 10/01/2006
WebRing...now might be the time you want to think about ways of recovering from this mess, IF, you are not getting the desired results from the new business model. If your goal was to have massive ring manager desertion and enourmous numbers of rings being put up for adoption and deleted, then I guess all is working to plan. If this was not the goal, its time to figure out a way to get those rings back into the hands of their original managers. I am sure many managers are creating new ID's. and transferring their most prized rings to them to meet the new quota imposed. Of course, I'm sure you have wisely predicted that. (personally, I can't be bothered playing games)

The BASIC driver of success for WebRing is that rings with managers who care about them are what drive success for all, rings without managers are destined to fail.

"Failures are easier to repeat than successes" - Mason Cooley

Replied - 10/01/2006
Tim, the Dictator of WebRing, doesn't have any alternative plans. He is sitting in his bunker, blissfully oblivious to the chaos and ruin rapidly overtaking the system.

He believes that WebRing can survive the loss of thousands of members and probably figures that all the unmanaged rings can be quietly deleted when nobody is looking (just like certain posts on this board).

However, Tim and his company are never going to come out from under the black cloud cast by their disgusting act of greed and treachery. We are not going to forget or forgive what they have done. As the other poster implied, if the plan was designed to create a vast number of alienated consumers who will go out of their way to choke WebRing, it has succeeded marvellously well.

Remember, they did this for money; so let's hit them where it hurts. Advertisers and investors will think twice before dealing with WebRing if we voice a strong and united message. I urge each and every person who reads this to e-mail the sponsors who pay for links or ad space and inform them that you won't be buying their products.

Don't try to meet WebRing halfway. It will be a waste of time, Tim and his gang are not interested in doing the right thing.

Replied - 10/01/2006
Webring's Plan B is don't do a thing let them run away they'll be back. Sadly, they are mistaken on that. I have deleted the nav code on almost all of my pages leaving only one of them up. I will not go for more rings when they come on and say it is only for the new members the old members are not included. Well, by what I read it is meant for everyone not the new members and you need to reap what you sow. Webring was the best out there and now it is becoming a desert as people are leaving and they left only two of their best rings up.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy