Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Goodbye Webring - 10/01/2006
This is it. I've already emailed my ring members Re: the forced payment just to submit a site. As of now, I'm taking no new site submissions, waiting until end of the year just to get those loyal ring members transferred elsewhere. Doesn't Webring realize their high-handed tactics have done nothing but drive away longtime members straight into the arms of their competitors? Stupid, stupid, stupid! What a way to run a business. Even the worst pay web hosts don't treat their customers this shabbily. I'm outta of here.

Replied - 10/01/2006
I used to promote you heavily to other authors and gamers, but now, with the inception of the 'gun to our heads' forced payment policy, not only will I stop promoting you, I'll be leaving. I've already sent out messages to people telling them -why- I put up my own rings up for adoption. the hits I got from here were nice, but they were NOT worth what you are demanding I pay for a HOBBY (gaming) or my author site hits. Yes I was near the top of many of the author sites I was in, but what you want IS NOT WORTH IT. I have much better ways to spend my hard earned cash, including real print ad venues in national magazines and they do not try to force me to pay for them. Thanks for a few years of hits, but you can keep them now.

zheyrryhn

Replied - 10/01/2006
If you are the kind of person who pays to be beaten and humiliated at your local whipclub, you are probably wetting yourself with excitement about WebRing's Kamikazi Payment plan.

Let's look at the 'benefits':

No change to the managers' sneering, insulting and unhelpful attitudes. You get to lose most of the rings you created and spent years developing. All existing rings will be slashed to a fraction of their former sizes and the already tiny traffic levels will be even smaller than before. Webring's TOS still generously guarantees absolutely no personal security and declines to promise either fluency or continuity of service. Finally, you have the joy and privilege of PAYING to promote and advertise WebRing on your site.

I must be stupid because I always thought you were supposed to get something you wanted in return for your hard earned cash?

Don't pay, don't negotiate; those steps are just a waste of time. WebRing's policy is to stall and persuade you to BUY (yes, literally BUY) time to think...but, in reality, they want to trick members into accepting their 'gun to the head' without a fight. 'When the Transition Period' ends, they will just say: "Thanks, sucker!" and take away most of your rings in any case.

Replied - 10/02/2006
What gets me is that I'm supposed to pay them for doing their work. I don't mind paying a little and I have been featuring my rings to give back what little I have earned. I thought about sending a little bit in to cover costs, but not with these restrictions.

This is what happens when you micromanage. first we weren't supposed to delete duplicate rings by merging similar rings, but now they complain about excessive memberships. The ability to adopt or create rings was based on the number managed and ring memeberships and now that is gone.

Thsi is Yahoo Hell re-visited. I wonder what happened to that ring.

Anne

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy