Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Forum postings - 10/02/2006
While we appreciate your input, suggestions, comments and constructive criticisms, we will not tolerate the bashing of any specific member, ring manager or ring on the system. These types of posts will be deleted without notice.

Please refer to the Terms of Service that you agreed to when you signed up for this service at http://dir.webring.com/h/terms

WebRing Support

Replied - 10/02/2006
If you appreciate our comments, suggestions and constructive criticism so much, why are you sitting back and completely ignoring the unanimously negative opinions expressed by the members who have posted here?

Do you intend to limit your input to merely censoring the words of people who are angry at you?

Replied - 10/02/2006
I believe our complaints are valid as many of us has given you other options of getting money like going for a Cafepress.net shop as I believe three of us and maybe more are/or will be willing to buy stuff from there if you head in that direction and you have not stated that yes, we are looking in that direction or no our direction is clear we will have paid memberships.

Please answer our complaints and don't push them aside.

Replied - 10/02/2006
I believe our complaints are valid as many of us has given you other options of getting money like going for a Cafepress.net shop as I believe three of us and maybe more are/or will be willing to buy stuff from there if you head in that direction and you have not stated that yes, we are looking in that direction or no our direction is clear we will have paid memberships.

Please answer our complaints and don't push them aside.

=============================================

We have not pushed anyone's complaints aside. Far from it. We are listening to everything everyone has to say, both positive and negative. We are exploring many options at this time. We are working hard behind the scenes to ensure the best possible experience for both experienced and new(er) members. Nothing is ruled out at this time.

As mentioned in an earlier post, specific membership policy questions or concerns regarding a specific user ID should be directed to membership@webring.com. Specific affiliate program questions or concerns regarding a specific user ID should be directed to affiliate@webring.com.

This forum is for general discussion. We are doing our best to keep up with a barrage of both emails and forum postings and we ask you to be patient.

Thanks!
WebRing Support

Replied - 10/02/2006
It is great that you tell us you are listening. Its a nice thing to say..."like have a nice day". Lovely words. They have all the sincerity of an automated answering machine that "thanks me for the call and tells me I'm valued as a customer". But I'd like to talk about actions, which "speak louder than words". WebRings actions have caused fear and anger among a significant number of its Ring Managers. These are people who are your partners in this system, many like me, for years. Every single ring in this sytem was created/managed by them, not you. Yet you never seem to really want our input. A long time ago we begged for a forum where ideas on how to make WebRing better could be openly shared with you and debated. What we got was a moderated board where ONLY the ideas you thought were valuable got posted, but no comments were allowed. Your "actions" say you aren't listening. Now we get to pay for the priviledge of maintaining our rings??? How about you pay me minimum wage for the amount of time I spent managing them all these years so you could get your advertising dollars. Better yet, just send me a new Lexus...it would be cheaper.

I hope you will listen to this. Many of the managers are now gone for good, and many are on the fence. I'm betting that many ride it out to the last minute to see if you "revise" this scheme. But understand this...once you strip managers of their rings and/or start charging them to have them, there is no going back. I hope you really do start listening to your Ring Managers, it would be a welcome change.

njjimf

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy