Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

deleted rings showing back up - 10/02/2006
http://x.webring.com/hub?ring=anythingcool

This ring was deleted and now I can't remove my membership. It makes it look like I have 6 instead of 5 sites.

Anne

Replied - 10/02/2006
I'm afraid the system owned account ID "deleted" now owns the ring and is not likely to respond to you...it hasn't read its email in over a week. I suggest contacting support to see if they can fix it.

"Deleted" is now manager of over a 1000 rings and growing! I'm confident he/she can handle it. LOL

lostplanet

Replied - 10/02/2006
I wonder when the day comes that 'Deleted' gets his rings all chopped till he reaches two. That all the rings that he 'owns' will then go into the death that their original owners wanted in the first place.

Or maybe he won't lose any of them at all, after all, he is the system. LOL.

Replied - 10/03/2006
Looks like "Deleted" picked up a couple hundred more rings today. (they were not mine) I think its time for a new poll. Lets change the question to "Will the new fee structure cause you to leave WebRing?" The current poll seems to indicate an overwhelming majority will not tell their friends about the new look at WebRing...I'm shocked.

lostplanet

Replied - 10/03/2006
"Looks like "Deleted" picked up a couple hundred more rings today." Well, OK, but if he doesn't manage to log into each of them at least once per day or takes more than an hour to get to processing an application, he loses those rings.

We have to have some standards around here. I'm so tired of hearing this "I was eating dinner" excuse or worse, "I was asleep". Like you need more than 30 minutes per night. Or - this is the best one of all. "I have a life. I have school and work responsibilities. Once in a blue moon, I even go on vacation". Me, me, me - I'm so tired of the self-absorption. Need something to eat? Chew on your technical manuals. They're filled with roughage, good for the digestion. Need to sleep? The coffeehouses have wifi - let caffeine be your friend. Need to work? Being a ringmaster - I mean, ring manager - is your real job, and don't you ever forget it. Vacations? Surf one of the travel rings. They've got photos. Use your imagination.

In time, as you learn to love the lash and beg Tom for more - because he is REALLY good and so virile - I'm just saying - you will come to see that webring can be the be-all and end-all of your existence, for it fulfills all of your needs, sustaining body and soul alike.

There's occasional talk about low temperature computing, and I think you can now see why I'm so excited about this. Think of the many man-seconds burned by those periodic trips to the sink for rehydration, with the result that queues have held lengths of one or even more, for as much as a minute while these water fetishists tanked up. No more need for that - just stick a bucket under the back of your CPU, and wait for the condensate to collect, as the grey and blue oval of connected online life smiles benevolently upon us from the screen, beakoning us on to our duty in the promise that it will, indeed, expand our experience.

At least the part of it we can have sitting on our backsides in front of a CRT, and isn't that enough?

Replied - 10/03/2006
deleted - Rings Managed: 1327

Replied - 10/04/2006
Besides the 1339 under "deleted" there appears to be another 420 under another id. Interesting....

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy