Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

pardon me (The pro's and cons part 1) - 10/04/2006
You make a good point as to why the new fees may not really impact some ring managers, and why some will be willing to pay. Unfortnately for me, this is entirely a hobby. I manage rings in topics I like, but I have no commercial website. Fundamentaly, in a perfect world, folks on the internet should be rewarded by each user in proportion to the value they bring to them. I personally use Yahoo as my homepage, hosting my website, and handling my email. I pay them nothing. Do I feel guilty...NO They built a business model that attracts me as a customer, I understand I am going to have to deal with adverisements. It works. WebRing offers a unique service, and as a free service...I welcome it. I have no compelling reason to pay for it. (Did I mention I did voluntarily contribute to them?) I actually feel the featured site concept was a brilliant way for them to leverage their customer base through their ring managers. A true win/win. The managers control the quality of the advertisements and do all the work, WebRing gets the bulk of the money. Personally, I care very little about how much I earn from it...but the payment makes it worth the effort to set them up on my navbar.

Lost Planet

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy