Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

No sarcasm intended - 10/05/2006
Now you see how simple typed text can be misleading. I was really sincere when I sent my message. Now I have the impression you have attacked me, but surely that wasn't your intent. I believe it is webring's right to do as they please to/with/for their membership. It is our right to stay or go as we please. It is also our right to feel hurt, outraged, betrayed, etc. Sucking up/kissing ass isn't an insult, it's just going with the flow.

Replied - 10/05/2006
I’d apologize if it was an error on my part in reading sarcasm into the “We should be grateful for the priviledge of paying them for memebership. I've paid in $25.00 and have over and above that about $3.00 credit since 2002, so I'm gonna get right in line to kiss ass and hope I make another 3 bucks in the next 4 years. You're so reasonable. Thank you for showing me the light.”, yet even after reading it a little later, I don’t see how it was misleading and that it wasn’t sarcasm. Then again, people can all see the exact same thing but perceive it differently. Sort of like what we are all doing now with the new webring changes.

In any case, I didn’t attack you personally nor anyone else on these forums. “You people” is a term for a general audience or collection of online personalities.

In any case, you are most assuredly correct in that any person can feel the way they do without any reason or explanation as to why. They also don’t have to stay here but can come and go at their leisure. Just like all of us, can have our own viewpoints.

Though I don’t see the term “Sucking up/kissing ass” in the context you think it belongs, that really is neither here nor there as it doesn’t fall into “An open discussion forum for all users to chat about WebRing features, thoughts, and experiences” category. In other words, it’s completely off topic.

So, we have a lot more to gain for our webrings and our memberships into them if we stay on topic and think of new ways the new system can work for us and each other. ^_~

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy