Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Sarcasm Will Not Be Tolerated - 10/05/2006
Fellow WebRingers, please bear in mind that sarcasm directed towards asskissers who write long-winded, self-applauding posts which ignore real issues is likely to cause offence. Sarcasm and insulting put-downs are only to be used by Tech 'Help' and the person who occasionally turns up here under a variety of different names to say "We are listening to your opinions...ha! ha! fools! idiots!...hey, I thought that microphone was switched off!".

As only a tiny minority of posters feel the need to kiss ass and frankly demonstrate that they don't give a fig for the loss, hurt and dislocation that the changes are inflicting upon OTHER members, we should simply ignore them. They are selfishly ignoring the opinions expressed by 99.99% of the people who have posted here. They deserve to be ostracised and excluded from all of our future web projects. In the words of Robert Kennedy "Forgive and forget - but take names".

Please note - WebRing have zero intention of answering the poster who directly asked if the option to abandon their insane pricing plan was now completely ruled out. They want to keep a flickering flame of hope alive, so they will stall, stall, stall. Only direct action can speak to such people. Don't delay - they are going to take most of our rings away in any case, so you might as well let 'Deleted' have them.

Replied - 10/05/2006
I hope that post wasnít directed at me. :) and if it was, I forgive you. ^_~

Seriously, maybe you can actually take the time to write out an actual complaint you have against the new changes and maybe people can work towards a solution for it. I have no doubt that the webring team is taking notice of them and considering other options.

So far, I really havenít seen much of any true hassles or negative sides to this besides the limit of 5 free memberships, which can honestly, even be turned into a positive in my estimation.

Ps. Iím not sure what tech team you dealt with from webring, but when I had hassles of not being able to make a new webring I emailed the support a few times through the site and they fixed it. I even received a nice note asking if it all worked. Iíd love to have that type of support and feedback with other online services.

~ eNiasni

Replied - 10/05/2006
"Please note - WebRing have zero intention of answering the poster who directly asked if the option to abandon their insane pricing plan was now completely ruled out."

We have addressed that. See the post at http://g.webring.com/forum?forum=webring;did=2200#here We have not ruled anything in or out at this point in time. In general, the ones that are posting their opinions in the two main forums are the ones that are not providing feedback through the avenues we've asked for.

On the sarcasm note, we have been extremely fair in allowing members to vent in these forums. We would appreciate (and expect) the same fairness from the members to those that wish to post differing opinions.

WebRing Support

Replied - 10/05/2006
=====================
In general, the ones that are posting their opinions in the two main forums are the ones that are not providing feedback through the avenues we've asked for.
=====================

I have two recommendations.

First, in every post from webring, please repeat the avenues you would prefer everyone to use to bend your ear. I can never find your post and I suspect many people don't even realize you made such a post. Making that part of your standard "signature" would be of significant help.

Second, eliminate such special avenues, and listen to the public forums so that everyone who gives you feedback can be heard by others and the feedback will not be secret. When people give private feedback, others cannot hear and then agree, disagree, amplify or clarify. Public feedback forums (not private ones) produce a more robust discussion.

And finally, a suggestion to all forum members ... until WebRing.com combines their public forum with their listening forum, just post all comments to both.

James S. Huggins
to contact me: http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 10/06/2006
To clarify the reply from the WebRing System: You are saying, in effect, that your earlier post stating that you were paying attention to our opinions was not about this forum? In which case, apart from censoring comments you don't like, you are ignoring everything being said here?

I missed the post you cited completely (and I was looking for it too).

As I recall, many of us denied applications from one of the posters who eagerly supports the Kamikazi Premium Plan because he was running a one way site - taking hits without returning any. Perhaps that explains the rings without traffic that he was so glad to delete?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy