Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Sarcasm Will Not Be Tolerated - but it should be - 10/06/2006
I absolutley commend WebRing in allowing members to express their opinions in this, and the Managers forum. Many of the posts have been opinions mixed with attacks on WebRing and/or other members. I sincerely hope that those that are angry about the changes at WebRing will not take it out on others in unproductive ways. While I think "sarcasm" used to make a point is not bad, disrespectful attacks on WebRing or other member's posts or points of view are completely uncalled for. Anyone who thinks they can "bully" WebRing or other members into changing their points of view are doomed to fail. As everyone who reads my posts knows, I don't pull any punches. I do try very hard to maintain a reasonable level of respect...well, some of my late night posts get a little edgy...but I'm human. This really isn't a venue to "flame" others.

Despite my intent to leave WebRing when my rings are taken away, I do plan on seeing this through to the end. Whatever the final path the WebRing system chooses, I think we all need to give them an opportunity to hear our points of view...and make their own decisions.

Best regards,

njjimf

Replied - 10/06/2006
Nice post, njjimf. I think the general line that’s needed is respect for each other and our varying opinions. Seriously, I don’t think anyone could have said the following better “I sincerely hope that those that are angry about the changes at WebRing will not take it out on others in unproductive ways”.

I seriously don’t have any issues with anyone on these forums or these systems (or even the www). Life is too short to spend time unhappy and miserable.

I would like to have some of the best webrings available on this system and on others, and I think most of the other users would like that too for their own projects. To reach those goals, I think we all should work together (even if we disagree) towards a mutual goal in understanding the new webring system and how it might work for us as ring masters and ring members.

~eNiasni

Replied - 10/06/2006
njjimf,

RE: "I absolutley commend WebRing in allowing members to express their opinions in this, and the Managers forum."

They have now taken to removing posts that are not directed at any one person but are critical of the micromismanagers.

So much for freedom of speech!

It is all "damage control" from here on.

Lazarst
http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/autosurfers.html

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy