Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Horribly Disappointed in Webring (part 2) - 10/07/2006
The people who want to use my webrings don’t have to pay. They can do free memberships and if they are like me and run several sites, its not as if they can’t do a few free accounts, one per each different website they run. Running multiple accounts isn’t hard, I do it on yahoo’s service for different projects of mine.

I don’t agree with the 5 free limit on memberships, and I’ve said it before, it really could be increased and that would be cool. However, I see the benefit of it. How many times do I check those sites in the queue to various rings and the sites being submitted have NOTHING at all to relate to the general themes in the ring. Or how many just use the system to sign up to a bunch of the rings, never put the code on the site, and only used it as a means for people to check out their site?

The 5 limit may make people self conscious about various rings and actually select those which pertain to the actual ring. It might also help prevent clones of rings over and over, to have many of the same “rings” but hardly ever used.

The two ring limit, isn’t hard to wager either. When webring had a section that showed how much was being used in an annual cost, one of my favorite rings averaged between 25-35 dollars annually. That’s covering the site hosting charge and with the bandwidth use charge. So assuming that ring stays about the same in use, I’d only be paying towards the hosting of one webring and all the others would be “free”. In my point of view.

Secondly, the fees to pay for my rings to be featured at the top of the web ring directory are halved. On the old system I was putting out 24 dollars a year to keep 2 of my rings at the top. Now that I have three, that would have been 36 dollars. Now, its only 50 cents per a ring per a month.

As much as it doesn’t seem like its worth it the premium charge. I see it a lot like my sally card, where I pay a certain fee every year and I get discounts throughout the year which in the end, really paid for that initial fee and gave me back much more.

~cont.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy