Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

If Webring ... horridly disappointed. - pt1 - 10/08/2006
"I narrowed by 48 webrings down to 35 ... I think the real key here to the limit of 2 webrings and 5 memberships, really is to get activity clustered in larger webrings rather than a bunch of smaller/tiny/used webrings. The more people joining a webring, the more credits they can earn, which would thus, then pay for the membership fees..."

My biggest PERSONAL problem with the whole thing is expressed above. When I joined WebRing (and the others) it was mostly to show off my own PERSONAL websites - not to make money or anything else. One of the things that I *HAVE* noticed through time is that much more traffic comes to my websites from the smaller rings than it does from the bigger ones - guess I just kinda get lost in the forest when I've got a membership in a ring with 800 or so websites, so I've always pretty much stayed away from that kind of ring - the super-ring. The one and only exception to that was my membership in the WebRing ring - that's huge and I liked being a part of it. BUT, with just 5 ring memberships allowed now that particular one was 20% of my allowance - so it, like many many others, went out the door.

Am I off-base or what? Wasn't the original idea of webrings in general to bring people together in groups of related websites?

As an example of just a small part of what I've lost, and I know that the vast majority of people here aren't in this "world" but try to follow anyway; one of my websites has to do with our horses - we've got 5. They're 3 different breeds, each with a multiplicity of activities and specialties.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy