Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

quitting forums - 10/08/2006
The 'leave forum' fucntion is not working as usual. I'm trying to leave all the forums for this ID. I no longer have acess to the forums yet, the names still appear on my roster of forums.

Asking for help once again.

Replied - 10/08/2006
It took over 24 hours for leave forums took effect for me.

Replied - 10/08/2006
This is something we are aware of and have been working to remedy for some time.

The problem usually arises when an RM deactivates the forum while you are still a forum member but does not remove you from the forum before deactivation.

If you have specific problems, please contact Help/Support and describe the problem in detail and we will do what we can to help.

WebRing Support

Replied - 10/12/2006
I have done all the steps in the correct order. This is true for forums that I have managed, too. I delete the membership then delete the forum. The membership says active even on active forums.

and I have waited far longer than 24 hours.

In the past, help provided no help without re-explaining the situation several times until someone actually read the query. This forum has always provided more help.

Anne

Replied - 10/12/2006
Is this problem with this specific ID or another? I noticed you have a tendency to post with a couple IDs :)

WebRing

Replied - 10/13/2006
Yup, I forget who I am logged in as. It's been a problem with any ID I have ever had. Right now Spunkys mom appears to be a member of several forums, but in reality can only post to two, this one and the manager's forum.

At least you have changed how to delete a membership. I deleted one membership even though the forum memberships weren't deleted.

Replied - 10/14/2006
I'll be happy to help if you'll give me IDs and forums as I don't see any particular problem staring me in the face at the moment. If you don't feel comfortable giving out the information here, please email me at rmquery@webring.com. We can deal with it from there. Please reference this post and your ID so I know it's you. :)

WebRing Support

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy