Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

trying to correct a website name - 10/20/2006
I am really new to this webring and to the internet; I tried to get the Philadelphia Geological Society's website registered in the PaleoRing (my next step would have been to see if there were a geology ring as well) on my husband's behalf (his office does not permit such computer activity). Idiotically, I got the website name wrong (it should have been PHILAGEO.ORG), and not surprisingly, i got a message saying that it was not possible to obtain navigation code for the site.
The problem is that I have not been able to find a way to correct the website name, and when I try to come the webring home site, I seem already to be logged in and there is no way apparently to start over from scratch and enter the correct website name. I have tried to email with no success.

This is particularly galling since we are trying to get the word out regarding a free seminar featuring Gerta Keller, a prominent player in the dinosaur extinction/Chicxulub/K-2 boundary discussion. Since this is being held in the same hotel as and under the auspices of the Geological Society of America's annual meeting, there is a good chance that other notables in this scientific dialogue may attend. I would love to let people know about this October 24th, 7:00 p.m. opportunity, and foster interchange and discussion in the long run. (PGS puts on seminars monthly during the school year, with speakers from all aspects of geology, paleontology and environmental science, usually taking place at Bryn Mawr College.

Replied - 10/20/2006
When you log in click the "membership" tab at the top of the page. Then click on the tab to edit the URL settings. Close to the bottom of the page you'll see where to do your change.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy