Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

problem navigating the ring with 'next' link - 11/04/2006
None of my web rings will take me to the 'next' site - they all go to the hub page for that ring - I've checked several other peoples pages at random and other rings that I don't belong to and they are all doing the same thing -
I wrote to WebRing support (and it's not easy finding them) and received this reply:

"Unfortunately that happens. Sometimes it might be a temporary thing, but if it happens more than one time, try again a day or two later, if it still fails then be certain your system is accepting the javascript calls, if your security settings are too high, or your system is set not to accept cookies it can cause errors. IF the problem persists reply to this message and I will forward it to our technicians as a possible system issue. Presently there are no other reports of this issue, so it may be isolated. "

I have my system set to accept cookes and javascript and I am still experiencing the same thing -
before I write to support again, I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having this problem or if it's only me

Replied - 11/04/2006
Yeah, I've got one even better than that! When I try using the "next" I go all over the place. In one ring I started at site #9 and hit next - went to #6, then 7, then 48, then 3. Stopped at that point.

Great service we're paying for here.

Replied - 11/04/2006
Er, stupid question, but the ring you're surfing could very well be set to arrange the sites randomly? No ring I've ever surfed or owned has had sites arranged in order by site ID number.

Replied - 11/05/2006
Yeah, I checked that - just to be sure. It's my ring, and I'd had it set for "least traffic first" - which, when I later checked the traffic lists, it IS OPERATING CORRECTLY.

Sheesh, must be old age or something hitting me again.

Dave

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy