Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Not Able To Log In For '2 Weeks' - 11/07/2006
I've not been able to access my other ID deady_scary for two weeks. I keep getting told it doesn't exist.

Replied - 11/07/2006
As far as we can tell user ID deady_scary has never existed, however, ID dead_scary did. We have restored that ID complete with site memberships it used to hold. IF the email address we had on file was indead yours, your new password should be in your inbox now. You will want to change your account settings (ie birthday, password, security question) as we don't keep that information on file.

WebRing Support

Replied - 11/07/2006
Thanks WebRing, much appreciated. I didn't get the e-mail but I just requested it and it came through okay. Seems to be a slight problem though, my site (according to this ID) is only a member of 4 rings (rings that I believe were deleted by the manager involved and then resurrected by WebRing). I should hold memberships in quite a few more rings than that. Here's my stack URL that I have on my site for this ID -

http://ka.webring.com/navbar?f=l;y=dead_scary;u=scaryweb

any idea what happened to all me other memberships? I know I had to reduce them by sometime in January but I thought I'd get to do that myself. What happens now? I mean my stack is not reflecting what I'm seeing when signed in.

Replied - 11/07/2006
If I were to change my U# from what is now showing 10134966 for my site URL to the one on my "real" stack (scaryweb) would it fix the problem?

Replied - 11/10/2006
The techs are working on restoring 4 ring memberships to your account. The rest were either auto-expired or deleted by the RM of each ring. You should have received notification of deletions. Keep in mind that while we don't condone the deletions of memberships without reason, the RM is not required to give a reason. Once your account is restored with those 4 memberships, your only realistic option is to reapply to those rings and ask if are you eligible to rejoin.

Hope that helps,
WebRing Support

Replied - 11/11/2006
Great! Don't worry about restoring those four memberships, if I am only allowed 5 in total I'd rather not be in four rings that have been deleted and reinstated and under no particular manager but run as a system ring. I prefer a to be in rings that are run by someone with an interest in what sites are admitted to them.

Replied - 11/11/2006
That's one of the most logical things I've heard in a long time.

Thank you for that and keep up the great work!

WebRing Support

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy