Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Webring link is SO large! - 11/20/2006
When my web designer put the webring link on my front page it was glaring LARGE!! Can it be made smaller and more descrete? why does it have to be on the front page?

Replied - 11/20/2006
It doesn't HAVE to be your home page - but it DOES need to be the same page that you're linking for your site.

A lot of sites put the WR code on their links page, and that is linked on the rest of their site. (If you do this, it's recommended that you place ";full=y" at the end of your source link in the Script code line.)

Replied - 11/20/2006
Some webring managers require that the code be on the main page. I require this of websites that want to be a member of my rings.

It is not required by all webring managers.

Replied - 11/21/2006
Other web rings have the restriction of landing page removed, and the frames restriction removed also!
I wonder if, in this case, stats are available to say whether it is adviseable, or not?
I always think, If a navpanel is so large, whether it could be preceded by "small" and terminated by "/small" it would make any difference! And a graphic could be varied in colour, especially if the background is black and the colour of the navpanel is not suitable.
Have you thought of preceding the java navcode by color and size, instead of incorporating the color and size within? It will be in the system/webring control But will be changeable by individual webmasters?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy