Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Okay, got the new e-mail message from webring. - 11/22/2006
And from what I read, we can have more than two webrings that we had before. Am I right about that or am I misreading that e-mail?
Did they just return to the old days when we can have as many webrings as we want? And if we want more stuff we pay for it?
Or did the constant barage of e-mails here and to the help/support desk prove that we didn't like this new turn of events?

Tari

Replied - 11/22/2006
What I'd like to know is, is the system still going to be purged of abandoned/deleted rings? While I was opposed to the membership restrictions for existing members, I still agreed with webring that the system is definately in need of a good cleaning...

Replied - 11/22/2006
The constant "barrage" did indeed have some affect. Have always been listening, of course. If you are an existing member with rings and you wish to remain free, go for it. Your rings will remain as they are now

Moving forward, new rings in the free world will be have fewer options - to cut down on the support required. presently we spend about 2/3 of all our time and effort on supporting those with lots of rings, lots of sites, and features people asked for but most don't understand or use. So, the features at least will be shifted to the WebRing 2.0 world - except for existing rings.

And YES, YES, YES, we are already in the process of cleansing the duplicate rings, off topic sites, etc from the system. The newer, better rings will comprise the initial core of the WebRing 2.0 world.

Replied - 11/22/2006
And YES, YES, YES, we are already in the process of cleansing the duplicate rings, off topic sites, etc from the system. The newer, better rings will comprise the initial core of the WebRing 2.0 world.

---

You're referring to the Webring system post-January, correct? Not the 2.0 level membership?

If you're referring to the latter, does that mean that 1.0 rings and 2.0 rings are going to be seperated within the directory?

Related question -- does this affect Webring adoptions, if so, how? (IE is the adoption system still functioning as it always did, will adopted rings created before the switchover apply to 1.0 rules or the rules for rings being grandfathered into the new system?)

Replied - 11/24/2006
system..The constant "barrage" did indeed have some affect. Have always been listening, of course. If you are an existing member with rings and you wish to remain free, go for it. Your rings will remain as they are now

It would have been even better if things had been much better thought out first before you acted. Pay to manage would never have worked in a million years, but the reduction in the number of memberships allowed was a positive move forward. Now it seems you have turned turtle and going back to allowing endless webspam.

Replied - 11/26/2006
What if we deleted rings so we could go down to the free level and now we want them back, I'm sure that your system records who owned which rings and can send them back to the ones who deleted them? Or should we recreate them and be under this new rule?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy