Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Hoping someone can give me a little help - 01/09/2007
I recently signed up with webring and placed the required code on my website. The wisard says I have all the necessary codes and nothing else is needed. BUT I dont seem to have any traffic going or coming as a result of the ring. Am I missing something here?? Do I need to do something else?? I am completely lost and trying to get support is like talking to myself in a mirror.
I certainly would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks
Ken

Replied - 01/09/2007
==BUT I dont seem to have any traffic going or coming as a result of the ring. Am I missing something here??==

Hey, Ken. Traffic comes via someone clicking the 'Next' button on the ring and finally getting to your site. The idea is others in the ring will do this, but don't hold your breath. Are you clicking on 'Next' and visiting your neighbors? It takes time. Visit, post in their guestbooks, post your URL; many will return the courtesy.

Replied - 01/09/2007
Hi, hon. Problem is, as I can see it, that you have a code on your page (YES! this is good) but you don't actually have any memberships yet. You cannot get any traffic from a WebRing until you've become active in a WebRing.

Don't fret, this is a common misconception, the difference between creating one's account and registering their website within the account and the actual process of joining individual WebRings.

The key is not so much in joining any WebRing (and definitely not EVERY WebRing) but Rings that are of higher quality. Ones that have established rules and standards, both of which are enforced. Once you become active in one or two of those types of Rings, your site will begin to receive traffic.

Do you need help finding quality WebRings on a relevant topic?

Replied - 01/16/2007
I'm in the same boat as you. I don't get any answers from the webring host.
cmjventures

Replied - 01/18/2007
wOW!

Thought this initiative would be helpfull to us!
Anyway, I'll just stay for a while and see how can
I benefit of their services!.

Regards,

Ukay-Ukay.net

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy