Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Can't Join A New Ring - 06/25/2007
In trying to join more web rings, I get a message saying some of my rings are inactive or "failing", and that I need to "fix" this first. When I test the Code Wizard for all of them, they are all working and active. What is wrong here?

Replied - 06/26/2007
This is something that should be brought up using the Help form as we don't always monitor the discussions in here looking for questions. You'll usually get a quicker answer from Support.

I did just look in your account and everything appears to be ok. Please keep in mind that as a 1.0 member you are only eligible to have 2 pending submissions at a time. If you would like to join more rings than that, we suggest you upgrade to a 2.0 membership, otherwise, you need to wait for at least one of the Community managers to process a submission before you can submit to another.

Also keep in mind that the navigation code wizard does recommend that you test your site from your site maintenance screen to ensure that it PASSes the checker. When you are certain you have the code installed correctly on your page, more often than not, testing your site will resolve the 'you have failing sites' error message.

Hope that helps!
WebRing

Replied - 06/26/2007
I could not find any "Help form", so that's why I posted here. Can you direct me to where else I can ask this question?

Replied - 06/28/2007
Why do you even want to join another ring? You won't get help unless you move on up to membership 2. You shouldn't even need help with this simple issue. It's a simple procedure if there is a manager behind it. I can't find an inducement to pay for this service myself. All of the perks can be gotten free from the net, most already have them on their sites, why would they want another? and the priority 'turn key' service shouldn't be needed that often. most managers know what to do to get a site approved. Blogs are a dime a dozen anywhere on the net, and they are attractive to work with and attractive to visit. They are not a plain white page. The service that a member 1 gets only shows me what to expect if I upgraded? to 2. and as many problems going on now with suspensions, re-installations, full e-mail boxes of notices, makes me wonder who would want to pay for all that? And if 2's aren't having the same problems, it tell me the 1's are being sabotaged. How many sites are run by the 'system'? I want to hear from some member 2's and hear what kind of troubles they're having. I'd bet they're having none. I don't remember ever seeing members spoken to or treated the way some have been in the last year or two.

The code is certainly not a problem to install. Paying $10, plus $5. for additional sites is a waste of money to anyone with half a brain. Copy/paste, a 5 year old can do it. Without cooperation between management and lowly members, the 'community' is doomed. They sure don't know how to lure the 1's to join the ranks of 2's. Salesmanship and people skills are severely lacking. This is not a 'friendly community' anymore. The new mayor and city council are ruining it. I suggest bringing in someone with charisma or the system will be managing ALL of the rings, but the individual sites will be gone. It's not pleasant to be yelled at, or to hear someone else being told to shut up or you will be deleted. Who needs it?

I'm a nobody with no issues to complain of, except watching others be treated wrongly. I don't like it.

Replied - 06/30/2007
You'd be surprised how difficult it can be with MANY hsoting services out there to add html, let alone javascript, to a page. Some simply forbid it. So, if the service makes it easy then yes it is very simple to add the navigation code - for most people. For those services that prevent or make it difficult then it can be challenging - especially for those not especially savvy in HTML. And many people are not, and that's OK.

Replied - 07/03/2007
Yes, I don't know anything about other sites, and mine is super easy to work with. It's also free. lol Thanks for the info, I didn't know it was quite that bad and it makes me appreciate my site more.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy