Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

My Web Rings are Growing How do I stop it? - 08/10/2007
I have the proper code on my Home page but every time I open the page the web ring logos multiply. It starts with 2 and then goes to 4 and then 6 and it just keeps on growing until it's taking up half my home page. What do I click to make it stop?

Replied - 08/10/2007
Wow! This is a new one for me. Why don't you try taking the old code off and pasting a fresh one in?

Replied - 08/11/2007
I just took a look at your site and you appear to have pasted in the code for each ring as you joined them. You only need one set of code so just remove all the other sets and it should be okay.

Replied - 08/13/2007
I keep removing it and redoing it and for some reason it just replicates itself...........last count there were 16...LOL......I just don't have time to redo it every day..........I think I'll just delete the whole segment of the page and start over again..........

Replied - 08/13/2007
That is so weird. I took a look at your source code to see if I could help but it looks nothing like any code I've seen before. Did you use the javascript supplied or something else? Hehehe, I'm not all that great with codes (I know enough to get by) so forgive me if that's a dumb question.

Replied - 08/13/2007
It's not a dumb question cause I don't comprehend it ...........LOL

I copy the code that the webring site tells me to. I paste it in the html screen on my page builder. It is fine! Then an hour later....there are gillions of them.........LOL

I took it off until I find time to get it fixed. I just don't have time to mess with it and I don't understand why it is doing this.......But I can't have 20 or 30 webrings on my home page.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy