Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

New look - 06/25/2007
I'm very disappointed with the "new look". It's like a wet blanket has been thrown over Webring. Quite apart from browser compatibility problems, it seems that everything that took one click before now takes two clicks, and you get advertising from gambling sites thrown in. You seem to have lost sight of what webring is all about. I don't want all the bells and whistles - I just want webring as it used to be. I really feel like taking all my sites out of webring because it's so cumbersome.

Replied - 06/25/2007
Your opinion is perfectly valid. You do have the ability to suppress ads of course. Something we recomend for anyone that doesn't like them.

Have you read up on the reasons for the preview window? A huge majority have written to say they like the iea of being able to preview a site or sites before going to one. But of course there are many people and almost as many viewpoints.

Replied - 08/25/2007
Actually the ads are the least of my concerns, since I very rarely visit the webring pages. What has really annoyed me is the use of non-standard avatars for different rings. They used to be a standard size, so that navigation bars stacked up neatly. Now anything goes and ring managers can do what they like. I dropped out of one ring becuase the excessively large navigation bar ruined the layout of my home page and they didn't like me doing a handcrafted alternative. The ring is not more important that its constituent sites, and ring managers should remember that!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy