Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Has WebRing Deleted member deleted all . . . - 08/29/2007
of the WebRings that they took over when the RingMasters or RingMistresses deleted their rings way back when this new and supposedly improved WebRing came to be? Because I have heard from a couple of former RingMasters that they had deleted their Rings from WebRing, had Deleted up on the Ring maintainer of their Rings and yet after the January deadline came and pass, their Rings were still under this WebRing user Deleted. They had complained to WebRing about it and they were informed that the ring will be deleted after the system owner decides if that Ring should be allowed back or something like that. Is this true that all of the Rings that were deleted could end up back and with new RingMasters who are not the original creators of that Ring or are all of the deleted WebRings now deleted from the system?

Thanks,
Tari

Replied - 08/30/2007
It doesn't work that way...
If you have "deleted" a webring, without e-mailing individual site owner that he/she should withdraw the navpanel from the site, they have obviously got a right to think that the site would like to be a member of that webring - regardless who is "ring manager" today!

Who is "ring manager" is immaterial! You should view "delete" as the "transfer to system" (as the WebrinGo system does!)

If you have got _all_ the navpanels removed, you can "delete" with success BUT there are some sites with unreachable e-mails! I have another webring, adopted from another webring provider, which has 40 members - the WHOLE e-mail addresses were incorrect!
(Or have "spam trap" subjects or text!)

IF you have e-mails from them objecting with your withdrawing from "ring manager" what are you going to do, now?
Offer the "ring manager" to their site(?) - it is forbidden in the new WebRing!

Replied - 08/30/2007
As far as I know ALL deleted webrings are re-instated and all members that were removed are also re-instated within hours or minutes of the rings deletion. These rings were once adopted out (never totally deleted) but are apparently being merged with other rings before any kind of final deletion is made IF they are at all deleted.

The "new" merged rings fate is unknown to me, they may be left under WebRings management (I personally would remove my memberships if in any system rings at the end of this period) or adopted out. No one is saying what will happen or when.

Naturally I may be incorrect but as we all know, what you are told one day isn't always what someone says the following day :)

Replied - 08/31/2007
someone says: F you have e-mails from them objecting with your withdrawing from "ring manager" what are you going to do, now?

No it isn't. just invite them.

A more general question would be be "if you'r eno longer interested in managing what do you care what happens to the ring?" The material ownership thing is hard to fathom. You haven't created anything, just allowed others to collect under a common heading. You have no more claim to the collective than anyone else does.

Replied - 09/01/2007
I said : IF you have e-mails from them objecting with your withdrawing from "ring manager" what are you going to do, now?

I can not speak from "paid" webring2 - I have only webring1!
Well, I don't see it now?

Replied - 09/01/2007
....No it isn't. just invite them....

Normally yes, but at the moment that option does not work. If you actually try to transfer a ring it is lost and treated as an adoptable or deleted ring and put under WebRing system control.

Replied - 09/01/2007
Membership 2 doesn't allow ring ownership transfer either.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy