Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Why I Voted 'NO' to... - 08/14/2007
"Are you willing to tell your friends about WebRing's new look? (If you select 'no', tell us why in the General Members Forum)"

I was a member / manager 8 years ago starting, until the last couple years leading into the dumping 98% of my memberships and rings, it does not matter how good your page looks...when you ruined, commercialized, and railroaded all the good people who used to do so much for the system, why tell a friend so you can do the same to them? Webring used to be for the small people...personal and valuable to those disinfranchised by SEO and the big search engins. Seriious commercial sites never have and never do recieve genuine benifit of WebRings nor were they ever intended to. Webring was for the small groups and very personal for the novice web-designer looking to be apart with other small guys banding together in groups of a common interest. New Webring basically for the past 2 years squashed all that, you turned it into something a profit machine and big todo about you and pushed out the us's that made the hole thing really matter. Half the trafic now can be accounted for by members trying to figure it all out. It's not real trafic, or the kind you want when Webring was good. Same dodo's running around, and very little freshnesh of friends. Nice Job...I sure someone's hat is off to you, but not mine or anyone I would ever tell about. I'll just try to continue the two I kept, as the system has slautered the others about subjects they know nothing about. So now you have music bands in with disease and syndromes, because they have the same name and no persoanl manager to sort it out because, basically I was not willing to let you charge me to do work for you...

I said my piece...

I'll go now.

mrindianajones

Replied - 08/15/2007
Well said. Commercial sites don't use webrings. They aren't a professional tool, they are an amatuer tool to tie communities together. I can feel the indifference; it's completely an 'unfriendly' take it or leave it attitude. There are no benefits added to warrant paying for. All of the so called perky 'extras' can be gotten free anywhere. The old front page directory was much more useful and user friendly, and most importantly, people had more fun. There used to be laughter on these forums even though it was naturally mixed with rants. Laughter and helpfulness could always be found.

Replied - 08/19/2007
Very well written. I have to agree with you. I am no longer a ringmistress of 42 rings because of their new changes and when they grandfathered them in, it just pissed me off. I kept two of my rings but have I gotten new members joining my two rings since the new changes happened? NO! Not one new website has joined my two rings since the new changes happened. Why do you ask? Because no one wants to pay to be able to join more rings than the level 1 has allowed them to. I used to get several e-mails a week consisting of new members wanting approval to join my rings but now I can go about six months before a new one even joins my rings. Webring is sinking and those who are running it has yet to see that the water is at their feet now, to save the site. If they see that the water is at their feet, they will try to rescue the site but with how many people are jumping to other ring sites that have formed since the changes, I doubt they can save this site from going under.

Tari

Replied - 09/02/2007
Nicely said, my reasons exactly for my VERY occasional checking-in around here. At one time I had 8 rings, now I have 1 - and that one's being rebuilt through another system so I can run it as *I* want it run. Most of the others have also been re-built in the same way - for the same reason.

It's my opinion only, but I see no reason to upgrade my membership - higher members only seem to spend a lot of money with little or no increase in traffic, or anything else. I'm going on what I've read here and in the manager's forum over the past 2 years in this opinion. Also, there's little or no need to contact WR with a problem - we level-1 people are completely out on our own.

Dave

Replied - 09/02/2007
Let me juste say that you are RIGHT when you say that us level 1 are on our own! i've written 2 times to tech support in the past week and the reply was really condescending and made me feel like Sh***t!! that's why i'l most probable go with another webring system too.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy