Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Account management problem - 11/12/2007
I needed to change my account details to supply a new e-mail address. I make the changes, request e-mail verification, hit OK, go back to see that all is in order (it was) and then sign out.

The verification e-mail turns up - no problem, I confirm I got it.

Now I sign in again, because I forgot to submit a bug report. I have a programmers mind, so I look at my account details again to see that my status is now 'verified'. Guess what! Not only am I NOT marked as verified but the old, obsolete account details have reappeared!

Just exactly what's going on?
Does anybody TEST anything round here?

Replied - 11/13/2007
delta writes:
Just exactly what's going on?
Does anybody TEST anything round here?

Of course we test. We have multiple servers, hundreds of thousands of people using many different browsers on countless platforms coming from 100s of countries over numerous different internet paths. The potential for unusuaal, transient, and often unreplicable (seemingly) problems exist. We do our best with limited manpower and work schedule to trouble shoot and respond as quickly as we can. We cannot always help everyone as quickly as they would like. We wish we could. In the meantime as much specific information on a given problem is the best means of speeding things along.

We see you as verified. We cannot tell if other account information has changed or not because we don't know what it was before. One of our support staff has an (older) machine that has a nasty way of caching even the most dynamic of pages....

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy