Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Nav Code - 03/14/2008
I made a mistake and submitted two different urls for one webring.What i had intended to do was place on webring on our main page url..and place the other on a html page attacked to the main.
Two things happen. When i place the nav code i want on the main page-it shows up on both.
They should be 2 different webrings.This may be due to the mistake i made of submitting two different urls to the same ring. How do i delete one of these to check and see if the nav codes work properly?

The other issue is the nav code itself.There are ppl who visit the site on a regular basis and have some physical disorders that the moving title(marquee style)is bothering.i'd like a static text and that would take care of the problem.This actually bothers ppl with certain kinds of disorders,particularly eye disorders.I looked in the code and could not find a way to make the title static rather than moving.
I wanted to contact the ring master about both these issues but didn't see where to contact the ring master anywhere!
Need help ASAP.Thanks in advance.

Replied - 03/14/2008
WebRing's Java script will only show you the code for the ring you are currently surfing. Try surfing the other ring, and when you get to your page, you should see the code for that ring.

Go to the ring Hub Page, then click on the name of the person managing the ring next to "Manager." On that page there may be a link that says: "Contact member."

Hope this helps! Mona

Replied - 03/14/2008
Unfortunately the marquee isn't as easy to remove. Do you know any HTML? If you do, you can get the HTML code instead of the Java code and edit it directly so that the text is static instead of moving.

Replied - 03/15/2008
The moving titles on navbars has stopped - for now. We'll make it a selectable feature for those that like it. For those that took the time to learn why the experiment was conducted (about two) the results were no significant change. The bottom line, in our opinion, is that people (new members) continue to remain ignorant of the value and importance of navbars and their placement - continuing to look at them like one would a blemish rather than the tool they are intended to be.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy