Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 17 - 22 of 22
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

scam alert using webring name - 04/03/2008
Searching for info on a pending site, i found the first google hit was at topiccraze. I was intrigued because i noticed that part of the url included my ring name, shoringo. Topiccraze is the first site with this pending site's name! There i found a similar deal going on at LotsaSites.com. This is dumb beyond belief. I will be denying the pending site, which is "is parked free, courtesy of GoDaddy.com."

Where's that at?

Sarlo

Replied - 04/04/2008
I don't believe it's a stranger using your name. Both of these sites are more like separate lists for your sites. TopicCraze is webring run? Not sure, but I know they work together with your user name.

Lots of Sites only lists names of sites according to the site traffic.

They are both innocent of Scams. They both give users another outlet for exposure.
IMO

Replied - 04/04/2008
- - - - - - - - - -
harriets wrote
TopicCraze is webring run? Not sure . . .
- - - - - - - - - -

They are related.

The TopicCraze.com domain name is registered to Tim Killeen of WebRing.com up in Ashland, Oregon.

James S. Huggins
to contact me: http://JSH.us/webring-email

. . .

Replied - 04/05/2008
Thanks for the info, James.

I don't know how Lots A Sites chooses their members. I found two of my sites listed there several months ago. I didn't submit them, and I believe the owner is the same one that denied one of my submissions for some obscure, forgotten reason. I was surprised he listed them there. If I look at any site on his list, it magically moves it to the top. I don't know how my sites arrived on the rings list, it's certainly not in my account. The Ring is harmless and if anyone wants to see their site at the top of the most favored list, it's fun to play with for minute. You can pretend your site is really popular. LOL

Replied - 04/05/2008
If your read how the site works it will be clear. it is not very complicated. None of it is magic. The three domains are related and different. The "other two" are there as variations on the theme and more or less a bonus to webring members. bonus in that they will edliver some traffic to your site.

WebRing is like a library. PEOPLE review and place sites. That is the ideal.

Topiccraze is based on recomendation. Those that peoplae favor - within a topic - move up.

Lotsasites was launched mainly as an experiment because of the way TC was absorbed y the main search engines (read abnormally) bu tit has a flavor of it's own. THE most recently visited site in a topic moves to the top. It has it's merit. A site that is iht only frequently in many other algorithms never gets much attention. in LS it goes right to the top. But is soon replaced unless seen again. But the idea is that you to go right up.

Replied - 04/06/2008
==== If your read how the site works it will be clear. it is not very complicated. None of it is magic.====

I was only trying to assure the first poster it was not a scam ring. She was concerned.

I know how they work and of course they aren't magic. They are for fun, so people can click on their sites and watch them reach the top. I've done the same for two minutes just to see it work, then I forgot about it until this post reminded me. I'm not interested in either one.

What I don't know is how my two sites got on LotaSites. There were only 9 sites on one list, and 11 on the other. Why there are two separate lists is a mystery, but I assume one is an old version. It doesn't look like a WR experiment with so few sites and someone else's name as manager. But, what do I know.

I really don't care and only ran across L-O-S by accidently finding a Nav Bar on one of my pages. I didn't place it there (unless it's a revised ring from another ring that I used to belong to) but, it's not in my acct. I was a bit peeved because my site wasn't good enough for his writing ring, but found it good enough for this list that no one looks at.

Again, I was only trying to assure the first poster it was not a scam ring by explaining what it did and how it worked.

'magically' wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy