Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Navigation Panel is changed from the 'front page' to the - 04/17/2008
Navigation Panel is changed from the "front page" to the "links" page, and the registered page is the "front page"
As "ring master" could I amend the page to the "links" page, or will I have to get the site to do it?

Till I, or the Site, do it their site will not have been included in the ring...

Replied - 04/17/2008
"Till I, or the Site , do it their site will not have been included in the ring..."

Which is precisely where the site belongs. We would suggest that the links page, even if they change their registration to that page, is NOT the correct place for navigation code.

The navigation "panel" is a TOOL, a tool to aggregate like-minded users into a community. It is NOT a banner ad or some other sort of curse.

The code BELONGS where content is. That should be every manager's (and member's) mantra until people begin to get it.

How would you rather "show people your site"? You can either show them the exit (a links page) or show them what's important about your site - The CONTENT. Not a opening flash page, not a links page, not some obscure page that is unreachable from your main area, but right where you want people to be.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy