Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

son with Asperger's Syndrome/ADHD - 09/25/2008
I am new to this forum, in fact, this is the first forum I've ever gone to. I just don't know how to help my 12-year-old-son, for I apologize if I am in the wrong place, but I need some outside help from someone, somewhere-I've followed every lead given to me by the school district, this place, that person, and after doing all the work of contacting, explaining, begging, etc., inevitably I am promised a call back which never happens, or I can't be helped because my son has no IEP, the school won't give me an IEP, the MD tells me to my face that he believes that my son suffers from Asperger's Syndrome more so than ADHD, although after finally receiving the medical records, it mentions that my son has been dealing with social adjustments due to being a youngster with a single-mom and ADHD issues, with Aspergers being noted with a question mark after it...I can already see the outcome of the newest IEP attempt because of this...Every day for the past two weeks, my son has had some catastrophic issue relating to school, which has been very exhausting for me, having just started a new job. The part that just makes me want to shut down is that "chalkboard scratching" whining about his latest reason as to why his life is being wasted away being bored. He also tries to finaggle not going to school despite his failing grades, or should I say, because he is not getting any help which causes his failing grades, and because he just won't go at all. The main issue in starting at a Middle School as a 6th grader is P.E. Tonight is absolutely no exception, involving the moping, the defiance, the WHINING, about how he has to make up the 1 mile run tomorrow. I've been on the phone with him from work all night listening to his catastrophizing and big ideas on how to get out of having to do anything. I am so tired of it-I don't know what to do, make him go and run the mile, have him taken to the MD for a note to get out of it, ignore all the trauma and make him go and do what he has to do, or....I just known know anymore

Replied - 10/01/2008
They are places in utah were kids like that can get help. Some of them is to talk with a case worker and see what they can do for you. They are special schools that deal with cases like his and will give you some idea of what to do with him. It could be a lot because of health problems but there is the possibility that he is doing it to get attention and to manipulate you into doing what he wants. Charter schools are great to get kids to love school, because they go at their own pace and have to wait for not one.
They are Montessori schools too, but they are way more expensive that charter schools. They are school that deal with trouble youth and so on. Letting him do what he want and giving him excuses to do it is it the wrong thing. Don't give up. keep looking and make him to do what he have too in school for now, or he will be so behind that he will never catch up... Good luck
Anna del C.
Author of "The Elf and the Princess"
and "Trouble in the Elf City"

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy