Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Multiple webrings on one site. - 01/05/2009
There is a website in the webring that i just joined and it has a zillion webring links/icons on it. The page takes an extremely long time to load and has many multiple instances of the same link/icon on the same page. I would have to imagine that "WEBRING" the entity loves this idea, but I dislike it greatly. Many of the links/icons on the page are not related to the link I'm part of or trying to follow. The last thing that I dislike is that this page keeps coming up after a few clicks on "next" or "previous". It feels to me like the site just wishes to FORCE themselves on you without regard to other members of the ring. I'm brand new to this ring thing and so these are my 1st impressions. None of the other sites that I could get to was like this. Furthermore, I could not get to my site at all by navigating the next and previous sites. The site in question kept coming up.

Mark

Replied - 01/05/2009
Send the ring mgr an e-mail with the title/URL of the site.
Sites like this do no good for the webring.

BillB
BBsGarage

Replied - 01/09/2009
Absolutely right, bbsgarage. If you come across a site in a ring that is chock full of links, banners, and/or NavBars you should do one of two things.

Suspend This Site!
If you are an active member, you should see a link that reads "Suspend This Site!" below the site preview window. Click it, then make sure to tell the member why the site has been suspended. The best reason to state is that NavBar's should be found on a page of their site with relevant content.

Contact the Ring Manager
If for some reason you don't see the "Suspend This Site!" link, or you don't feel comfortable suspending the site, contact the Ring Manager and make sure to include the URL, Site Title, and User ID.

What if the RM refuses to delete the site from the ring? If that one site truly bothers you, you should consider finding a similar ring to join instead.

BTW, we at WebRing abhor pages like the one you described. They destroy a ring's ratings, usability, and relevancy. We thank you for taking action against them.

Replied - 01/09/2009
I did send an email to the manager of the Bluegrass Special Webring. I identified the url of the site. I just sent in off tonight, Friday, January 9th. We will see if I get a response. In regards to the "suspend option" I do not feel comfortable with that. I feel it is the manager that should make that decision. If this kind of thing is ok with them, then it is me that does not belong on the web ring.

Thanks for your opinions.

Mark Sanders.....marsan29

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy