Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

navpanel won't show up in Firefox.... - 02/08/2009
What would like help with? There is a long discussion about "navpanels" (sounds like bravenet) but no details of aby kind that anyone could use to examine the problem. No rings, no site Ids, no clear user ID (yours, someone in a ring you belong to/manage), no URLs. If you can provide all that then someone might be able to help. It *sounds* like a css issue on the site since it *sounds* like it's happening only on one site in a ring??? But that is purely speculation without some way of actually looking.

Replied - 02/08/2009
well,
It's http://www.czipm.org/ in the Monarchist/royalist webring.
(I have taken over the Monarchist webring last month, and it is next in line to increase sites and visitors....)

Replied - 02/08/2009
Interesting. It's not the navbar, not the user, not FF. If you transfer the page to some other host it works just fine in FF and all other brosers.

If you open the error console in FF, clear it, then load the site again you'll see that several scripts generate "invalid character" errors. On a different host they don't.

Conclusion? Not sure. In theory those scripts should be sent to my browser where they are executed withoutu much interference. But their web server IS doing things. If you use your favorite "fetch URL" program to grab the raw HTML output you see it is not a deault character encoding. Guess is this renders the WebRIng javascript unable to function, so it never even makes the call to get the code.

Anyone else able to take this a little further? A FF setting perhaps that translates the output more effectively.

Replied - 02/09/2009
If it's not your web host blocking the SSNB from making its call to WebRing, you might try checking to see if your version of FF is Java and JavaScript enabled. To do so, go to ToolsOptionsContent. I've heard conflicting results using this fix, but most have stopped encountering the error after making the change.

Replied - 02/10/2009
- It's all right in the remainder of the sites! -

I have the Java, and Javascript, ok in firefox!
I don't know how to check Javascript in SeaMonkey - my usual browser - I think it's generally energised anyway?
Netscape 9 has both, and both are activated. Even there, the remainder of the sites _have_ Navpanel.

Replied - 02/10/2009
Yup, it's not your host, it's something to do with the foreign character translation.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy