Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

aquiring code very confusing - 03/16/2009
is the ssnb code the same as the nav bar code from the indvidual rings. because i understood it that i had to first put ssnb code on then when i apply to join a ring they then give me the nav bar code to put on the web page that i registered for that ring

Replied - 03/16/2009
You only have to install the SSNB ONCE on any URL you register. Whenever you join a ring, you will be prompted to add another piece of code. You don't need to, though.

Rest assured, both will work as long as your code's U# matches the U# of your registered URL. If you want to know more about U#'s, read on.

What's a U#?
If you look closely at the code you are provided at the end of joining a ring, you'll notice that the code isn't an exact match of what you've installed on your registered URL. Don't worry about that. The difference lies in the "U#".

If you got your SSNB code from your My Account page, the U# will be "defurl" or something similar. If you got your SSNB code at the end of joining a ring, the U# will contain a series of numbers. The numbers are specific to your membership within the specific ring.

The important thing to remember about NavBar code is that the SSNB version is dynamic. This means it can be changed from a distance, so you only need to install it once... no matter how many rings you add your register URL to.

Replied - 03/31/2009
thanks i think i got it all now. i think the reason it's so confusing is because there are to many places to get code.every where you go there is code. another problem is unresponsive ring managers.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy