Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

How many APs per dollar? - 06/24/2009
I'd like to bid on an adoptable webring, but I need to purchase some APs. However, I've scoured the site without success looking for some clue as to how many APs are given for a $6 purchase. I should think this is a pretty fundamental issue from the standpoint of WR's merchant account and the UCC.
So, for a $6 purchase increment, how many APs do I get?

Replied - 06/24/2009
It should say on the auction site, and also on the rewards room site where you can purchase and/or redeem APs. The system basically deducts the paypal cut from the transaction, which is currently 30 cents plus about 3% (varies a little depending on country of origin, US being the lowest).

Replied - 06/25/2009
260 per dollar approximately, as far as I'm aware!
The "tonyb" was a formerly member of the group, and wished to obtain ebooks webgroups from the auctions, and he paid 5 dollars in euros, and got 1300, I think!
Hint1: you only need to have AP! You can commit up to much more activity points to auctions, including use of the "AP" in your account!
Hint2: you only bid 2 times the "Opening bid" to achieve the "reserve price met"! I actually add 1 to the opening bid to make sure...
Unless you _urgently_ want it - If anybody prior bids the webring before you for instance!

Replied - 06/28/2009
Okay, guys - intrigued by the..."diversity"...of replies, I took the plunge and plunked down USD $6. According to the narrative for the "Redeem" button, I can purchase 550 APs with this amount. So, the answer to my question is: 91.667 APs per USD, presumably "at the current rate of exchange." A tip o' the hat to "system" and "bendall" for taking a stab at this heady stuff.

Replied - 06/28/2009
Okay, guys - intrigued by the..."diversity"...of replies, I took the plunge and plunked down USD $6. Hitting the "Redeem" button results in an indication that I can purchase 550 APs with this amount. So, the answer to my question is: 91.667 APs per USD, presumably "at the current rate of exchange." A tip o' the hat to "system" and "bendall" for taking a stab at this heady stuff.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy