Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 12 of 12
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Brief Review of Webspace - 09/05/2010
Since Mr. Bendall was replying to some of what Killeen just censored, I'll repost the part to which he seems to be replying. It followed directly after the first post on this thread. I wrote:

"Let me bounce an idea off of you good folks at Webring, something my CSC 100 instructor told me years back - creativity is not always a good thing. He was talking about documentation of one's programming, but the same principle applies here. No two of us have the same id, so inserting those two letters into the url accomplishes absolutely nothing other than creating difficulties for users who want to do nothing more than just find their own webspace.

Which is why I've decided not to use mine. Yes, I guess I could sit here burning away more of my afternoon reading up on the oddities of Webring Webspace, and learning to work with the strange choices you folks made when you designed the system, but you know what? The subject just isn't that interesting, and I have better things to do with my time, not the least of which is to go out and enjoy the sunshine and warmth, while they're still here to be enjoyed.

Blowing any more of that for no better reason than the fact that somebody at Webring felt like being unprofessional is not a sensible choice. We don't have to guess as to whether or not creating a webhosting system that is easy and straightforward to use can be done, because thousands of your competitors have done just that, for decades. Had you even the least amount of respect for those thinking of hosting content on your service, you would have done the same."

Nothing derogatory about that, unless one wishes to define the word "derogatory" so broadly as to take in all negative job evaluations. Which we're seemingly being asked to think of as being on the same moral plane as the shouting of racial epithets, given the connotations of that word. Shame on you, Tim.

Replied - 09/05/2010
"This has probably been addressed in a prior webring blog post, help page, or nelsetter, but if not we'll endeavor to correct that oversight."

Again, let's keep in mind what we're talking about, as absurd as it is. The procedure for finding the url for one of the pages appearing in the listing in one's file manager. Normal procedure for this that works at every single provider I've ever seen other than Tim's: click on the name of the file, look at the page that pops up on your screen, and you're done.

Tim's "reasonable" alternative: he wants you to go wading through the company blog, looking for the needed arcane insight. Which brings us back to the problem Tim doesn't want use to discuss. Namely, Tim. Or to be more accurate, Tim's ego. He takes it for granted that we all have nothing better to do with our time than read his company blog. Which, of course, we will all do every time it is updated, learning to know every post by heart, because Webring is at the center of our online experience.

Except that it isn't, Tim, and that's what you really can't seem to bring yourself to accept. Your ego isn't a side issue. It's what has been driving this company into the dirt.

Replied - 09/17/2010
And this happens a short while later. Interesting coincidence?

http://l.webring.com/forum?forum=webringsupport;thread=Empty+Management+Screen+Problem

Replied - 09/17/2010
Nope, just a bug.

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy