Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

This is too complicated - 01/23/2011
I got an invitation in my Junk box to join the site, thats fine, I appreciate that. I have limited experience and ability with IT and had a professional outfit create my website. To join your free listing is a nightmare, I mean come on get real!! Or is it the case you dont want to include small busisness like mine? God bless and save us all this is the greatest pain in the neck and time waste I have ever gotten started on. Is there a simple way to get my site/busisness registered on WebRing? Later if I notice it improves interest in what I offer I will probably up grade. In the mean time would WebRing ever get real and become aware that some busisness owners are not IT specalists. It is as I say the most muddling promotion site I ever tried to sign up to www.cottageretreat.net

Replied - 01/24/2011
OK< that's a good solid rant. We never saw any requests for help....

what was so complicated? You created your account. then next, and really *only* next step you need to take is adding the webring navigation code to your site, which is exactly teh same as adding google analytics, adsense, or counter code to your site.

Where was it so complicated so we can work on making it easier?

Replied - 05/20/2011
This was the first post I was able to access to respond to so forgive the intrusion, but it almost seems right. Complicated? I clicked reply on the post I wanted to respond to and it gave me an error that said "We're sorry but this Forum does not allow message posts from guests. You must be a manager/helper to post to this Forum. "

Wow. If I hadn't known better, that I could actually register and respond, I would have left immediately. It's not very inviting for responses or for possible new members. It's an absolute turn off. I've been away about a year and a half and this message hasn't changed? I should be surprised. I'm not.

I had to come back after all this time to see what has changed in my absence. Not much has and it gives me an odd sense of relief because now I know it wasn't just me.

Take care, folks. I sincerely wish you the best in your future endeavours. But please...find someone to update your error messages and help system!

PS: this page http://help.webring.com/help?nextpg=JoinForum is virtually unreadable to those who are visually impaired.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy